Vanilla & Passionfruit Whoopies...
- 125g unsalted butter, just softened
- 165g caster sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150ml milk
- 1 quantity vanilla butter cream with fresh passionfruit pulp
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl, until pale and creamy.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together. With the mixer on low speed, add flour mixture and milk alternately in two separate batches each. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
4. Spoon even, heaped tablespoons of mixture onto trays, leaving 5cm for spreading. Bake for 12 minutes, swapping trays around at 8 minutes.
5. When cooled, spread vanilla butter cream on one half and sandwich together
Recipe taken from 'Make Me Whoopies'