Thursday, 6 October 2011
Muesli Biscuits with drizzled Dark Chocolate
I was looking for a healthy biscuit to make - and then I found these on Taste.com. They are not so healthy, but a quite addictive.
- 3 cups natural muesli
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease 2 large baking trays and line with baking paper.
2. Combine muesli, sultanas and almonds in a large bowl. Sift flour over muesli mixture and make a well in the centre.
3. Combine butter, syrup and egg in a jug. Pour into well and stir to combine.
4. Using 2 tablespoons of muesli mixture at a time, shape into balls. Place balls on prepared trays and flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 20min or until golden. Allow to cool on trays.
6. Meanwhile, place chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 sec. Stir chocolate and repeat until smooth and runny. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over biscuits.