Tuesday 10 January 2012

Ruffle Bottom Onesie



As many of you know, I have recently welcomed a niece into my life, and after four nephews, was truly excited to make some pretty girly things.. I have only been blogging for a little while, and have only in the last month or so, been gathering some ideas from the blogs of others... like this gorgeous ruffle bottom onesie.

You can find it here - 

I had been avoiding pulling out my over locker, but decided that this was the project to do it. BUT after pulling it down, realised I have put (or carefully lost) the cord, so I had to go with the second option in this tutorial, using pinking shears.
I also added a cup cake applique to the front. The next time I approach this, I will probably put the ruffles a little lower, as they seem to rest just above the bottom (as well as get my over locker going, as I think it is the better option for wear.


Below are some pictures of my finished product. It wears well, however, I am very interested to see how it survives a wash.








1 comment:

  1. Cute!! Nearly as sweet as the little lady herself! She looks great.

    ReplyDelete