Wednesday 18 April 2012

Tote with matching Mini Case

This has been a project that I have had on my list for months. I have recently started to crochet and desired a tote, which I could take with me (to my mums, to my mother-in-laws - all the places we visit during the week, as well as when we go camping), which could store any crochet or sewing supplies that I was working on at the time. I also wanted a pencil case type of clutch, which I could put small items such as scissors, needles etc. This is the finished product...



I had bought this material months ago and had been storing it for this project. The tote is made with the cotton material, as well as with PVC plastic - a new adventure for me. It was a lot easier to work with than I expected, but adds another dimension to the sewing process, as it means that many steps have to be altered.



























but.. I am happy with the end result! The accompanying case is inspired from a tutorial which you can find here. I added a piece of felt to pin needles and pins into, it saves them rolling along the bottom of the case and causing all sorts of trouble. I chose not to cover it in PVC, as I don't think I am ready to manipulate it in such a small project.


I cannot wait to use it! I am so so happy with it that I want to take it everywhere! Hopefully it stands up to the challenge.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Nat! That's AMH fabric, yeah? That's two Anna's that I love! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nat I'm enjoying looking through your blog! I like the way you've taken the photos too.
    What crochet projects have you done? Have you posted any pictures?
    I recently started crocheting, and I started cross stitching about 2 years ago. I made a crochet bag with fuzzy wool which I then felted and a felted roll up purse to keep my crochet hooks in (my friend sewed the pockets inside.) My friend also used a name card holder and put some cross stich aida inside for me to keep my needles in.
    Come and visit me and I'll take you to the fabric market here... you'll love it!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete